Why And How Affiliate Marketing Works
For Business, Marketing/Advertising is a big part of their success. Without Marketing/Advertising, how good the product will be the sell could be zero. Because if the customer doesn’t know about the product how the will buy?
In average for a small business, they spent 1 to 10 percent of their gross revenue for Marketing.
From the beginning of Marketing, there are different ways of traditional Marketing we have seen
- Broadcast television
- Cable television
- Outdoor Billboards
- Flyers and Letters
The Time for Digital Marketing
Now the world is very advance. The Marketing strategy has changed. The time, for now, is Digital or Online Marketing. We could see the different type of Digital marketing
- Search Engine Optimization(SEO)
- Pay Per Click Advertising(PPC)
- Social Media Advertising
- Content Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
Affiliate Marketing is the most popular digital marketing strategy-now in this World. What is affiliate marketing you can find out from here
How Affiliate Marketing Works
As an Affiliate Marketer, you will see there are four types of core player in Business
- The Retailer/Merchants or Brand
- The network who contains offers for the affiliate
- The Affiliate Marketer
- The Customer
For a Business, an Affiliate marketer promotes their product and bring a customer to the business website and when the customer buys that product than the affiliate marketer gets paid.
Affiliate marketing normally works this way
- Affiliate Marketers find a product which they can promote
- They promote that product in different ways (check here-How you become an Affiliate Marketer)
- Customer goes to Merchants website
- The customer then decide whether they will buy or not
- If customer buy than Affiliate Marketer get paid
- And If that customer don’t buy Merchant don’t have to pay for Affiliate Marketer commission
For Better understanding- “How Affiliate Marketing works” – watch this video
Affiliate Marketing Works for Both of them
Does Affiliate Marketing Works? Yes, it is. It works for both parties.
Affiliate Marketing is a win-win situation for Affiliate marketer and for Merchant.
For Affiliate Marketer
- Affiliate Marketer can work from anywhere, home office even from holiday.
- Affiliate Marketer doesn’t have to pay a big chunk of money to start this business. Basically, only the initial money need when the open website they need to purchase Domain and Web hosting which is around $15 (You could check here-What is the easiest way to build a website)
- Affiliate Marketer only brings a customer to Merchant website, that’s it, their job done. They don’t have to handle customer service, packaging etc, but they get their commission.
- Affiliate Marketing is a risk-free business
- Affiliate Marketing is a very broad Market. You don’t have to struggle to find out the product which you want to promote, just you have to connect with a reputable affiliate programmed.
In 2005, $95 Billion online transactions were recorded which was by Affiliate Marketing. Where Affiliate Marketer got over $6.5 Billion in commission. Rest of amount all gone for Merchant.
Affiliate Marketing brings a huge profit for the Brand or Merchant. Affiliate marketer brings customer. The merchant doesn’t have to handle bringing customer. All hard work affiliate marketer do. But if a customer buys the product that time Merchant has to pay commission otherwise they don’t.
When Merchant introduces affiliate programmed they normally give an affiliate link to all Affiliate marketer, this is the link which brings the customer to the main merchant website. When all link works to the main website, it increases the main website ranking in search engine.
By introduce Affiliate Marketing, Business or Merchant could find out their future product promotion process. Whether they should run advertising programmed using in house resources or they should outsource the programmed like Affiliate Marketing.
So now thinking How you Become an Affiliate Marketer?
My Best Recommendation is – “Wealthy Affiliate“
Just type your name and email address and you can start free from here.